Systinet (formerly Idoox) enables enterprises to easily create, publish, discover and use Web Services. We provide necessary enterprise features like advanced security, transaction support and interoperability with leading applications servers.
WASP Server Lite for C++ is the C++ implementation of Systinet's SOAP stack. WASP Server Lite for C++ is
available for FREE download, and will continue to be FREE for commerical use in the future. The WASP Server Lite for C++ is designed as a solution that can be embedded in C++ applications. It has been
tested on Linux (Debian, RedHat), Windows CE, Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris operating systems. As the WASP Server Lite for C++ sources are available for download, it can be easily ported to other operating systems.
Currently WASP Server Lite for C++ has the following main features:
- SOAP 1.1 compliance - WASP Server Lite for C++ conforms to the SOAP 1.1 specification with two exceptions: there is no header processing, and
only one-dimensional arrays are supported. It supports section 5 type encoding.
- WSDL 1.0 support - WASP Server Lite for C++ supports Web Service Description Language WSDL 1.0.
- Interoperability with Microsoft and Apache SOAP - WASP Server Lite for C++ interoperates with all major SOAP implementations including Apache's and Microsoft's.
- Automated stub/skeleton generation - WASP Server Lite for C++ may generate a C++ stub class that enables calling a Web Service from client code. This feature
is called automated stub generation and it significantly reduces the complexity of creating client-side applications that
access Web Services. Server side Web Service skeletons may be also generated with WASP Runtime command-line tools. Developers
then just add required functionality to a generated method's bodies. The current version of WASP Server Lite for C++ uses
a compiler written in Java to produce stubs and skeletons from service description files.
- Remote references - One major feature of WASP is its support for Remote References. This means that objects can not only exchange data but
also references to other Web Services. This allows for important features such as callbacks from Web Services.
- HTTP proxy support
- Standalone HTTP server binding
- Enhanced portability over former IdooXoap for C++ package
- Improved performance over former IdooXoap for C++ package