A SOAP client COM component for the Windows family, originally targeted at PocketPC (hence the name), there is also a Win32 version that works on Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP.
||XML Web Services
This is a SOAP client COM component for the Windows family, originally targeted at PocketPC (hence the name), there is also a Win32 version that works on Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000/XP. The package includes a HTTP transport for making HTTP based SOAP requests, however the transport is separate from the main SOAP core, so any other transports can be easily added. James Clark's excellent Expat XML Parser is used for parsing the response SOAP messages.
PocketSOAP includes the following features
- Section 5 encoding support, including simple types, base64 binary, arrays, multi-dim arrays, partial & sparse arrays, nil's, complex types and multi-references (including circular references)
- Support for SOAP headers
- Support for the root attribute
- Full support for pluggable serializers, replace any of the standard serializers with your own (e.g. you could provide a serializer that maps collection objects to/from SOAP Arrays). The serializer engine include multi-ref support for both serialization & deserialization.
- Comes with a propertyBag serializer, serialize any persistant VB object to/from a SOAP complex type out of the box with no extra code !.
- Support for both 1999 & 2001 Schema versions.
- Efficient stream based parsing.
- HTTP support including redirects, cookies, proxies, authentication, proxy authentication and SSL