Outside In® XML Export
||Outside In® XML Export
Converts over 225 business file types into XML
Outside In® XML Export is the first solution to give XML-based access to the 80% of an organization’s information that is trapped in unstructured business documents. Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) developing information-centric applications can integrate Outside In XML Export to unlock information trapped in business file formats.
Outside In XML Export, a server-side technology, is provided as a Java API to software developers. XML Export normalizes all of a document’s content, structure and formatting information to an XML schema provided in the form of a DTD. The application can either directly consume the XML or further transform it to a schema specified by the ISV. With the current version of XML Export, an application can access 225 of the most popular formats through a single interface, without regard to its original file format.
- Simple Integration - Java API with easy access to transformation results.
- Broad Conversion - Supports content conversion of over 225 file types.
- True Transformation - preserves content, structure and format.
- Proven Technology - Build on Outside In® used by OEMs worldwide.
- 225 file formats are normalized to industry standard XML
- Transformation results provided as an XML file and an efficient SAX like interface with the flexibility of DOM
- Robust, scalable architecture enables complex conversions in enterprise-level server applications
- Functionality accessible through a set of Java classes and interfaces
- Optional XSLT post-processing